Life has moved forward, so many things have happened since I last wrote here! I’d better just mention them as follows
– my daughter `graduated`-kindergarten, that was Big, she is now going to REAL school!
-we moved into another townhouse where there are more kids for her to play with-and fight with too- she is much happier this way, and the TV is seldom on.
-I quit that job, kept a few friends in there, still visit them, but I quit.
-we have been to Vancouver, through the Rocky Mountains, now that was big for me, I’ve always wanted to see them!- promise future pictures on them.
-We are going to stay here longer than we had originally planned, now we’ll stay until June 2013, my dear husband was granted another post-doctoral in Education now, we are both thrilled! I wish we could skip the 2014 World Cup -which will take place in my city too, and it will be so much more complicated to be living in.
-My dear soccer team won yesterday the most important championships in Latin America Copa Libertadores title without losing any match! Congratulations my dear CORINTHIANS. – soccer in Brazil is still taken seriously, out of 4 greater teams competing in Sao Paulo mine was the only one which had never won that title before, that caused the biggest soccer moking jokes in Brazilian history! We are even now, I feel glad and relieved.
On with the recipe:
500 ml tomato sauce
500 ml white sauce
250 grs ground beef
500 grs pasta -(the small type just like those used for macaroni cheese
200 grs Parmesan grated cheese
50 grs Parmesan grated cheese
1 small thinly sliced onion
2 cloves of garlic chopped into
4 spoons of olive oil
celery salt, and black pepper to your taste
1 bay leaf
chives and parsley and basil.
1. Boil the pasta with a little salt and 1 spoon of the olive oil,
2. While your pasta is boiling, stir fry the onion in the olive oil use medium heat, as the onion gets transparent toss the garlic stir and add the ground beef, in case you are using bay leave add it now, together with salt and pepper.
3. Add the tomato sauce stir, turn off the heat, let it rest.
4. Meanwhile watch your pasta it must be `al dente` -not too soft, resistant to your touch. Drain it and reserve.
5. In a bowl mix the 200 grs Parmesan cheese to the white sauce, Slowly pour thebolognese sauce -you just made it tomato+ground beef, take the bay leaf off, add the rest of the optional seasonings.
6. Mix it really well, take your drained pasta and lay it in a baking pan, I like the glass ones just for the visual effect.
7. Cover with the 50 grs Parmesan cheese . Oven pre-heated at 180 C or 350 F. For 20 minutes or until the top is brownish.